Friday 19 December 2008

A Simulacrum of Christ

Simulacrum of Christ


"Christ-likeness" is to be the ultimate goal of a Christian. More than not we tend to be an insubstantial form or semblance of his character. I find myself to be this insubstantial representation more than not, even in perhaps the greatest moments I find myself being brought down by my own prideful look at my selflessness - and this is me at my best. In most of my writings, I try and separate myself, I try to enable the reader to be captured within so that one can be touched a bit deeper. This writing is different, I tried to separate myself but found I could not make this be about 'we' or 'you.' 

I was struck today with the reality I am a poor image of He who saved me. I am fraught with my own self-full wants and ambitions and even my greatest attempts or perhaps even "successes" are hauntingly close to the agony that is myself. 

And in my worst...

slv2all

No comments: