Saturday 13 December 2008

Beautiful Painful Painting

In addition to multiple other talents, my brother Peter Hubert has an ability to paint. I probably would not even begin to explain the painting style to you - he could do that better. What I do know, this tends to be one of his responses to the world he finds himself in, as it collides with ourselves we long for a expression of how we are feeling. A lot of us talk, some of us write, read, internalize, sing, dance, paint - or do other combinations a literal myriad of other things as unique as ourselves. One of his expressions is painting. He took this photograph I took of Lynn and Keziah Grace, the day my wife gave birth to her, and turned it into this wonderful depiction of longing and pain. Keziah was born still on November 29th  I believe you can see a mothers anguish written across my wife's face as she holds this otherwise perfect child for the first time.

slv2all

3 comments:

Tarasview said...

oh my heart aches for you... it is a beautiful capture of heart wrenching pain.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. I pray you will know comfort as only our Father can give you.

imbeingheldhostage said...

I came by way of Tara. I am so sorry for your loss and my heart goes out to you and your wife. Our prayers are with you!