Wednesday 15 September 2010

Your Character will be known

99% of our days will actually be forgotten.

Specifically most of the things you say, most of the things you do. A good example of this would be a fairly significant calendar day 5 years ago, pick Christmas or someone significant to you who had a birthday. More than likely you won't be able to pick out specifics of a conversation or even the gifts you gave, but more than likely you would be able to remember what typified the event in relation to your character. I know I can, I would have madly been rushing around trying to finish something in the garage last minute the day before, and making an excuse for that thing I wish I had done.

Brutal.

We are going to try and change that about me - and that is going to take a lot of work.

It is not the small things which survive us, it is the make up of all those small things - character - which survives us forever. How will you be known? Better yet, what are your daily interactions like, perhaps this persistent nagging character flaw is something you end up kicking against day in a day out. My personal plan on working on it is to humbly acknowledge it before the people I live, work and breath along side with on this journey. Because along the way, if I can chip away at things about myself I don't like with those I love, I stand a chance of becoming the person we all want me to be.

slv2all

No comments: