Friday 24 February 2012

what you see is what you get

What you see is what you get.

What do you see?

Change what you see, change what you get, change what you do, change who you are.

What you see informs what you do.

Proof: you see a cardboard box in the middle of the street, you swerve to avoid it.

Well you do….

A five year old wants to build a fort out of it.

A community minded person wants to see who’s it is and see if they can help get it back to its owner.

An opportunist wants to see if there is anything in it of value.

A homeless man wants to live in it.

This from a cardboard box.

How do you see in your spouse?

How do you see your kids?

How do you see your job?

When you wake up in the morning, how do you see your world?

You can wake up, and tell yourself that life is hard, that you have a ton to overcome, that you have to struggle and fight your way through your day.

And.

That is exactly what you will do.

This morning I woke up, swung my feet over my bed, and took a breath.

I was thankful for warmth. Thankful for food. Thankful for running water. Thankful for my beautiful wife. Thankful for my awesome kids. Thankful for my car. Thankful for the gift of transportation. By the time I got to starbucks I had a huge smile on my face, and as I put a lid on my coffee the barista said to me “have a great day!” I said in return “It already is the best day I've ever had!”

Her response kinda shocked me in a cool fun way as she said:

“That is two days in a row!”

That made me smile even more.

Life is beautiful.

All Humans are born with natural potentials. We each are born with the exact same natural potentials. And our goal as parents must be, to understand and explore these potentials.

Beyond our kids, we should seek to understand what the potentials of ourselves are, of what our friends are, of what our spouse is, AND we should seek to draw out the BEST in each other. By being positive, by being energetic, by believing in each other.

You are amazing. Your potential, is probably beyond what you think it is. Life isn’t hard – it is a GIFT!!

You are beautiful, because you were born with the exact same human potential as any other person that has ever walked this globe before you!

Tomorrow, try and see things differently.

For what they really are. Or perhaps….

For what they could be….

:-)

slv2all

No comments: